Saturday, August 8, 2009

29

Laura threw out the cleaning cloth in her hand and surveyed Sophia's trailer. It looked spotless. The actress would probably find something wrong tomorrow, but Laura was satisfied with her work. She grabbed her purse from the small locker where she kept her things, then stepped outside, locking the door behind her.

She looked around, but saw no sign of Miles. For a moment, Laura considered walking around to look for him, but she quickly realized that would be a bad plan - the lot was huge, and she could wander all night without finding him. Instead, she sat down on the steps to Sophia's trailer. She could see Blake's trailer from that vantage point, and she figured that if Miles were to start looking for her, the trailer would be the first place he would go.

A few minutes later, Miles emerged from Blake's trailer, looking tired. Laura stood up and walked towards him.

"Hi," she called out.

"Hey there," Miles replied, giving her a smile.

"Long day?" she asked.

"Very. It seems that, now that I'm not just a coffee boy, there's a lot of work for me to do." He shook his head. "I think I might like to be the coffee boy again."

Laura laughed. "So what else did you have to do today?" she asked as they started walking towards the parking lot.

"I cleaned. A lot. Blake's a complete slob, did you know that?" Miles asked, shaking his head. "I thought there might be a cleaning lady or something, but if there is, she's avoiding him - did he sleep with her?"

Laura laughed again. "Probably! So is the trailer spotless now?"

"Not really, but it's as close as I could handle today. Besides, that gives me something to work on tomorrow... I'm afraid of what else he'll find for me to do. I'll probably have to wax his car or something."

"Shh," she said in a stage whisper. "Don't give anyone any ideas!"

(330)

No comments:

Post a Comment